Learning Partnerships are seeking expressions of interest for board members a new Advisory Board to commence February 2021.
Advisory Board Overview
The charter of the advisory committee is to
- provide industry representation to ensure that our training programs and assessments meet the needs of industry today and tomorrow and supports quality vocational education and training.
- Provide industry representation to ensure that skills and knowledge from graduates and traineesaddresses the needs of industry.
- Provide independent input into business, agency, customer engagement and third party provider partnership strategy
This will be run as an advisory board, as members are not subject to the same roles and legal responsibilities as a managing board.
Positions are unpaid however all board members will receive a complementary nationally recognised SITSS00038 Governance for Board members skillset.
- Ten advisory board members representing industries that we provide training for
- Two advisory board members from 3rd party partners
- Two internal board members, chair Miranda Mears, vice chair Kim Carlyon
Tenures will be two years on a rolling assignment
- Six board meetings a year – attend in person or video conference
- Circular resolutions
- Periodic request for input into the content on industry-specific matters, strategy, and assessments via email
Although the business is a Registered Training Organisation that provides accredited nationally recognised training and qualifications we do not need certified trainers and assessors:
We are looking for dynamic and innovative professionals with any of the following skills although these are not exhaustive.
Previous Board or Governance Experience is not mandatory.
- Franchise / systemisation
- Travel and tourism
- Retail and hospitality
- Finance and accounting
- IT and cyber security
- Mining and People and Culture in mining
- Small business scale and growth
- Project management
- Human resources
- Job active and back to work
- Corporate coaching and facilitation
- Local government
- Grants and tenders
Apply Now by sending your resume and application letter to firstname.lastname@example.org